[ User story ]
One of out customer operates a network of retail stores. Each store has a showroom and a warehouse. Retail sales are done using Odoo POS.
There is also a wholesale department that sales to corporate customer and an online store.
There are 5K+ SKUs with more than 50K items in stock
[ Objective ]
POS user must be aware of current stock so he could give a customer an instant information about the product availability.
[ Solution ]
We have developed a module that shows available product quantity in POS in real time.
This module is completely Open-source and free.
You can [ Download ] it for free from the Odoo App Store
Core Features >
- Show total product quantity in POS
- Automatically update quantity in POS when it is changed in backend or another POS
- Show quantities in different warehouses of the same company
[ How to configure ]
- Open “General Settings -> Point of Sale” or click on “Settings” in the selected POS and scroll down to the “Product Quantity” section
- Activate the “Display Quantity” checkbox. This will enable quantity display for the main warehouse of your company
- If you have multiple warehouses in your company you can add them into “Additional warehouses” field'
- By default, if product quantity is zero or below, it will be marked red. You can adjust this threshold using the “Minimum Product Quantity Alert” setting
Show Product Quantity in Odoo POS